I have a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology and am a registered clinical counsellor with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors. I have over 15 years of experience and have worked in a variety of clinical settings. Currently I work in private practice as well as for the Vancouver Island Health Authority in the area of Adult Mental Health.
I provide a holistic and compassionate approach to practice to support individuals to identify their strengths and build their inner resources in the face of life challenges. Over the years I have become aware of the human capacity for change and growth and believe that with increased awareness and insight positive change can happen. Building a collaborative, therapeutic relationship to develop and explore ones insight is important to this process.
I use a holistic integrated approach drawing a number of evidence-based therapeutic frameworks. Trauma and anxiety are areas of focus with specialized training in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing.
Together we can work on identifying and challenging unhelpful beliefs and patterns and work towards developing a path that is in greater alignment with your authentic self and values.
Areas of Practice:
- Anxiety/ Panic
- Grief and Loss
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Emotional Regulation
- Workplace issues
- Marriage/Relationship Counselling
Coverage for Counselling Costs:
Tanya is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) with the BCACC. The fees for working with Tanya may be covered by your extended health benefits provider. Tanya is also an ICBC approved clinician.
Aspen Counselling offers services in person, and via telephone and video conferencing.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) Basic Training
- Occupational Awareness Training for Therapists: First Responder Trauma
- Self-Injury Behaviour in Youth
- Emerging Trends in Addictions Treatment
- Using Creativity to work with Youth
- Mediation Skills Level 1
- Walking the Prevention Circle: Red Cross
- C.A.R.E (Challenge Abuse Through Respect Education)
- Stilling the Mind: The Use of Mindfulness in Therapy